Thread: I can't play FF2! =[

Let's make it rain. I can't play FF2! =[ Jonathanx221's Avatar

I can't play FF2! =[

Everytime I do, it does this

This makes me so sad, Because I'm trying to beat them in order (now that I have them all, I started with 13 and went to 4 because I didn't have the others) and now I can't play this one... I may skip the DS 3 because I don't wanna play a handheld system yet, and go straight to 5.

I guess I have to buy this on PSP, anyone else have this problem with origins on their ps3?

Oh, btw, that only happens when I revive someone.... Yeah, every single time. I tested it with and without smoothing on, there's no way around it... unless I can buy phoenix downs, But then I might get farther in the game and this will happen somewhere else. That would be terrible. Are there phoenix downs in this game?

Go with me, Exkaizer~ I can't play FF2! =[ Treize's Avatar

Re: I can't play FF2! =[

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanx221 View Post
    Everytime I do, it does this

This makes me so sad, Because I'm trying to beat them in order (now that I have them all, I started with 13 and went to 4 because I didn't have the others) and now I can't play this one... I may skip the DS 3 because I don't wanna play a handheld system yet, and go straight to 5.

I guess I have to buy this on PSP, anyone else have this problem with origins on their ps3?

Oh, btw, that only happens when I revive someone.... Yeah, every single time. I tested it with and without smoothing on, there's no way around it... unless I can buy phoenix downs, But then I might get farther in the game and this will happen somewhere else. That would be terrible. Are there phoenix downs in this game?
    I'm pretty sure you can buy phoenix downs right away, but they are pretty costly in the beginning of the game. There is also a life spell in the game that you can get. It doesn't take that long until the spell is accessible. Just consider it an extra challenge in the beginning of the game.

If there are other places where it freezes like that, you could use an emulator, buy a PS1 or PS2, or just buy it for one of the other systems that it was made for (GBA, PSP, etc.).

Good luck. This game is probably better than the original because it has more of a story, and the battle system is more "interesting." lol
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

I went and got a PS1, and now it works fine, but looks horrible on my HDTV ahahahaha. I'll tough it out, I'm happy now. =]

Go with me, Exkaizer~ I can't play FF2! =[ Treize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanx221 View Post
    I went and got a PS1, and now it works fine, but looks horrible on my HDTV ahahahaha. I'll tough it out, I'm happy now. =]
    Did it look different when you were playing it on your PS3?

Anyway, good luck with your goal to beat all the Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy II shouldn't take much more time to complete than Final Fantasy I, and it shouldn't be much harder either.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Thank you, and actually it looked a ton better, ps3 has smoothing and a can decrease the screen size. So, it looked great. On here it was like, bleh. And the leveling system in this game is like, broken, you can level up everything so high at the beginning of the game... ahaha.

Waiting for your sister to turn 18 I can't play FF2! =[ chrono's Avatar

God created man.....man created emulators....

Where did you get a ps1 from?
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bit torrents\jiu jitsu\helio.jpg

Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch a movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

To fight is a man's instinct; if men have nothing else to fight over they will fight over words, fancies, or women, or they will fight because they dislike each other's looks, or because they have met walking in opposite directions” - George Santayana

I don't like Emulators. =[ I like to have my saved data on my ps3 so I can show everyone. Emulators don't feel.... Legit. You know? I got a PS1 from this place called video trader, they sell anything from atari to ps3 and xbox 360. They have all the consoles. It's nice.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanx221
    Thank you, and actually it looked a ton better, ps3 has smoothing and a can decrease the screen size.
    You should have that setting (decreasing screen size) via a menu on the television.

Quote Originally Posted by chrono View Post
    Where did you get a ps1 from?
    You can still buy them from many places online. You can buy a used one for little more than a few pounds... and new ones as high as around £70.

I have Final Fantasy II on PSP... it's not that bad.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    You should have that setting (decreasing screen size) via a menu on the television.

You can still buy them from many places online. You can buy a used one for little more than a few pounds... and new ones as high as around £70.

I have Final Fantasy II on PSP... it's not that bad.
    I love this store we have around here, I can get a ps1 for like 20 bucks, I don't know what a few pounds is, ahaha. And are you sure vizio has an option to decrease screen size?

Edit: I found it, decreased the screen size and it looks 20X better, thank you so much!
    Last edited by Jonathanx221; 04-05-2010 at 09:01 PM.